Enhanced Capacity Advancement Program
The Enhanced Capacity Advancement Program (ECAP) provides multi-year funding for up to three years to Alberta-based capacity building non-profit organizations. Funding is
intended to help organizations improve and strengthen internal operations and the broader non-profit/voluntary sector.
The ECAP defines capacity building as the process of developing the knowledge, skill and ability to make and implement decisions in a manner that achieves effective and
efficient results at the individual, organizational and sector level.
Funding through the ECAP focuses on strengthening the non-profit/voluntary sector in areas such as leadership, operational management, adaptive capacity, collaboration,
financial sustainability and evaluation.
Applicants must have a primary mandate and proven ability to:
- Build the capacity of other non-profit organizations in Alberta.
- Strengthen and advance the capacity of Alberta’s non-profit/voluntary sector as a whole.
- Build capacity for effective volunteerism in the broader community.
Organizations and community non-profit organizations who are registered (and in good standing) under one of the Acts as outlined in the ECAP Guidelines.
Maximum Funding Available
- Core funding: up to $75,000 (annually), which invests in the operations and administration of an organization to further its mission.
- Enhanced Capacity Building funding: up to $150,000 (annually), which supports a broad range of activities designed to build the capacity of other
Deadline date: August 15, 2017 (for 2017-2020 multi-year funding cycle)
PDF Download Tips
PLEASE NOTE: If you experience difficulty downloading/opening forms, try the following steps:
- Download the forms by right-clicking on the link to the form
- Select "Save Target As ...", or "Save link as ..."
- Save the form to your computer
- Open the form that you saved to your computer
- Download latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader
- “Save form as” to desktop (as above)
- Open Adobe Acrobat
- In Acrobat, click File, then Open, find the form on Desktop and double click
ECAP email address
Last reviewed/revised: July 14, 2017