Culinary tourism continues to support the “farm-to-fork” experience and helps attract visitors to communities across Alberta.
- create bonds between producers
- builds understanding, pride and respect for our agricultural system
- connect urbanites with rural roots
Culinary tourism opportunities
- Alberta Open Farm Days is an annual two-day ag-tourism showcase features farm-to-fork culinary events and
open houses at farms and ranches across the province.
- The Culinary Tourism Event Handbook provides an array of useful resources and discusses the important steps to
consider when creating a culinary tourism event such as: understanding motive, creating an asset list, forming a team, health and safety considerations, and
identifying necessary permit information.
For more information, contact Destination Development.
Last reviewed/revised: October 4, 2017