Peaceful Valley Provincial Recreation Area and Day Use Lodge
In 1991, siblings Kay and Robert Wark, donated this land and funding to initiate construction of the Peaceful Valley Lodge for elderly and disabled groups. Their generous donation was made in memory of their parents Joseph Henry and Louise Rodger Wark. In 2013, thanks to the legacy trust fund created by Robert Wark through his estate, Peaceful Valley was expanded to include the adjacent 85 Acres. This site is still in development and more information will be made available when it is safe and accessible to visiting groups and/or the public.
Driving Directions From Edmonton
Head South on Highway 2 toward Calgary. At Highway 13 turn West (right) toward Pigeon Lake. At Secondary Highway 771 turn South (left) and continue for approximately 5 km (3 miles) where you will see the sign for Peaceful Valley. Turn West (right) and follow the gravel road around until you see the entry to the Peaceful Valley Provincial Recreation Area and Day Use Lodge.
Alberta Parks, West Central Region
- Use of the facility is by reservation only at (780) 422-1097. The facility is open from May long weekend to September 30 and is closed on weekends and holidays.
- There are no fees or rental costs, however, the site is supported by donations.
- There are wheelchair accessible trails and the Lodge can hold a maximum of 56 visitors. Due to space limitations, one person using a wheelchair is considered the equivalent of 3 persons when calculating group size.
- There are 3 washrooms, a large indoor seating and viewing area, a fireplace and a full kitchen. Outside there are picnic tables, a fire pit, a BBQ, several benches and a viewing area over the pond.
- All facilities, including trails, are fully wheelchair accessible.
- Visitors provide their own transportation and meals.
- Volunteer hosts are at the site to provide general assistance.
Lots 2, 3, and 4 Block 1 Plan 8021134
12.53 acres/5.07 hectares
Visitor Information Guide
Planned Giving Brochure
Friends of the Peaceful Valley Donor Form
Last reviewed/revised: July 20, 2015