Albertans are more active, more often.
- Improve opportunities for children and families to engage in high quality, unstructured and creative play.
- Increase the physical activity of Albertans of all ages and abilities across their lifespan.
- Increase awareness among all Albertans about how and where they can be active.
- Integrate the Canadian Sport for Life Model into the active living education, recreation and sport development systems.
- Develop innovative, accessible after school programs that link community recreation programs and services to schools and community facilities.
- Encourage school communities to adopt a comprehensive approach to promote healthy, active living.
What does success look like in ten years?
Last reviewed/revised: November 8, 2016
- More Albertans are physically active in a wide variety of ways and in many different settings.
- More Albertans experience improved physical and mental health through integrating physical activity into their daily lives.
- Increased participation in active living, recreation and sport leads to social benefits, healthy weights and improved resiliency.