A More Active Alberta
Our Vision of a More Active Alberta
Albertans enjoy a high quality of life, improved health and wellness, strong communities, economic benefits and personal fulfilment through
recreation, active living and sport.
What is Being Active?
Activities that are key to a more active Alberta are:
- Achievable in any setting - work, home, school, in the neighbourhood or elsewhere - and at any time of day.
- Contribute to a sense of pride and belonging in the community.
- Emphasize active living as an integrated part of our life and culture.
- Include all people no matter their skill level, abilities, age, health or interests.
- Include all types ranging from unstructured participation to athletic excellence.
- Include a range such as walking, biking, taking the stairs at work and gardening.
Benefits to Being Active
Active living, recreation and sport contribute to holistic benefits for:
- Physical, mental, social and spiritual health
- Overall well-being of Albertans
- Personal growth
- Lifelong learning
Learn more about the Active Alberta policy
Last reviewed/revised: June 22, 2017