Alberta Historical Resources Foundation
The Alberta Historical Resources Foundation (AHRF) is a public trust foundation. The Historical Resources Act mandates the foundation's objectives and focus.
The Foundation is the principal heritage support of the Government of Alberta.
The Historic Resources Management Branch provides professional, technical and administrative support to AHRF.
- To promote public awareness and enjoyment of Alberta's heritage.
- To serve as the Government of Alberta's primary window for heritage preservation funding.
- Provide financial and technical assistance for initiatives that preserve and interpret Alberta's heritage through the Heritage Preservation Partnership Program.
- Provides funding to several Provincial Heritage Organizations.
- Ensure curatorial care and public access of provincial collections through funding provided to the Glenbow Museum.
- Provide funding for the installation of provincial heritage markers.
- Make decisions on geographic names.
- Hear representations by interested parties respecting the possible designation of historic resources.
Provincial Heritage Organizations AHRF Supports
Funding assists organizations in delivering programs and services that document, preserve and present the province's heritage.
The AHRF supports:
Learn more about the Foundation
Contact the Foundation
Old St. Stephen's College
8820 - 112 Street NW
Edmonton AB T6G 2P8
To contact the foundation, call 780-431-2300 (toll-free anywhere in Alberta 310-0000 then dial number).
Last reviewed/revised: January 26, 2018