The Francophone Secretariat provides funding through the Canada-Alberta Agreement - a federal/provincial cooperation agreement - which is intended to
provide seed-funding to support capacity and foster collaboration in the delivery of services and resources in French by Alberta entities.
Supported projects provide a direct service to French-speaking Albertans and are responsive to Alberta government priorities as well as community needs and
Building capacity for the delivery of services in French:
- By informing French-speaking Albertans on government services, programs and resources
- By raising awareness and encouraging the preservation and promotion of francophone heritage
- By assisting francophone organizations in obtaining and putting in place appropriate resources for delivering services on behalf of the provincial government
(including governance training, feasibility studies)
Delivering services in French:
- By funding project-based service delivery initiatives on behalf of government in priority sectors (see guidelines)
- By funding translations into French of key Government of Alberta resources and materials
The Agreement is intended to provide funding up to 50 per cent of a project-based budget to the following:
- Government of Alberta ministries and agencies
- Alberta municipalities, local governments and their agencies
- Alberta non-profit organizations
- The 2018-19 grant application template is currently under review and will be provided to interested applicants who have submitted an Intent to Apply form by the application deadline. Deadline: February 9, 2018 to submit an Intent to Apply form.
- Refer to the Application
Guidelines for more details.
Prior to submitting an application, please email the Francophone Secretariat or call 780-415-3348 to obtain an Intention
to Apply form.
Grant funding recipients:
In addition to Francophone Secretariat funding, non-profit organizations in Alberta have access to other programs to support project and operating costs including:
Last reviewed/revised: December 22, 2017