Federal / Provincial Agreement on Official Languages
Alberta and Canada have a cooperation agreement on French language services to both support and further develop Alberta's official language minority community - specifically
in Alberta's case, with the Francophone community.
The renewable 5-year agreement is accompanied by a detailed action plan which identifies priority areas.
The Agreement is intended to provide seed-funding to support capacity and foster collaboration in the delivery of services and resources in French. Projects will provide a
direct service to French-speaking Albertans and be responsive to Alberta government priorities as well as community needs and challenges by:
- Building capacity for the delivery of services in French
- By informing French-speaking Albertans on government services, programs and resources
- By raising awareness and encouraging the preservation and promotion of francophone heritage
- By assisting francophone organizations in obtaining and putting in place appropriate resources for delivering services on behalf of the provincial government
(including governance training, feasibility studies)
- Delivering services in French
- By funding project-based service delivery initiatives on behalf of government in priority sectors listed below
- By funding translations into French of key Government of Alberta resources and materials
Contact the Francophone Secretariat for Grant and Funding Guidelines and Applications.
Grant funding recipients:
Last reviewed/revised: August 11, 2015