Other Initiatives Program
The Other Initiatives Program (OIP) provides financial assistance for:
- Community-based projects that fall outside the scope of other Community Grants funding streams including one time projects, international disaster relief and,
projects that are emergency or urgent in nature.
OIP is not a replacement or extension of other grant programs. Applicants must contact program staff prior to submitting an application to OIP.
OIP Frequently Asked Questions
Organizations and community non-profit organizations that are registered (and in good standing) under one of the Acts as outlined in the OIP Guidelines are eligible.
There is no predetermined OIP application deadline date. Funding notification will vary depending on the receipt and review of the grant application request.
If successful, applicants are required to enter into a formal agreement with the Minister of Alberta Culture and Tourism. Specific terms and conditions of grants are
provided once approved.
PDF Download Tips
PLEASE NOTE: If you experience difficulty downloading/opening forms, try the following steps:
- Download the forms by right-clicking on the link to the form
- Select "Save Target As ...", or "Save link as ..."
- Save the form to your computer
- Open the form that you saved to your computer
- Download latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader
- “Save form as” to desktop (as above)
- Open Adobe Acrobat
- In Acrobat, click File, then Open, find the form on Desktop and double click
OIP email address
Other Initiatives Program Contact
Main line: 780-422-9598
Last reviewed/revised: June 27, 2017
Toll-free (AB): 310-0000