CIP Operating Grants
The CIP Operating grant supports core operations and capacity building for non-profit organizations whose mission, outcomes and activities align with three priority areas:
- Enhancing the quality of life of Albertans by providing direct programs and services that address social issues.
- Creating equitable access to human, social and economic resources and services for all Albertans.
- Supporting community collaborations, involving multiple organizations to address broader human or social issues.
CIP Operating provides two levels of funding:
- Non-profit organizations can apply for core operating funding to a maximum of $60,000. Funding is provided on a matching basis.
- A new Organizational Development funding component of up to $15,000 is available on a non-matching basis for organizations that meet core operating criteria.
Community Initiatives Program (CIP) Operating Frequently Asked Questions.
Organizations and community non-profit organizations that are registered (and in good standing) under one of the Acts as outlined in the
CIP Operating Guidelines are eligible to apply for a grant.
Maximum Funding Available
- Organizations can only receive CIP Operating funding once every three years.
CIP Operating documents
PDF Download Tips
PLEASE NOTE: If you experience difficulty downloading/opening forms, try the following steps:
- Download the forms by right-clicking on the link to the form
- Select "Save Target As...", or "Save link as..."
- Save the form to your computer
- Open the form that you saved to your computer
Last reviewed/revised: January 15, 2018
- Download latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader
- “Save form as” to desktop (as above)
- Open Adobe Acrobat
- In Acrobat, click File, then Open, find the form on Desktop and double click