Alberta Culture and Tourism supports the development and sustainability of Alberta's cultural industries, tourism, the arts, recreation and sport, heritage and nonprofit/voluntary sector.
Our culture and tourism industries enhance our quality of life, contribute to the economy, attract and retain a skilled workforce and build Alberta's reputation around the world.
Our programs, services and grants benefit Alberta's families, communities, visitors and investors by:
- Building a vibrant culture sector
- Marketing Alberta as a world-class destination
- Promoting active, healthy lifestyles
- To promote, develop and support programs and services that encourage Albertans to enrich their lives through culture and heritage, recreation and sport, tourism and events.
- To support vibrant and inclusive communities, and contribute to improving the quality of life for Albertans and visitors.
The Ministry also includes the following agencies:
Last reviewed/revised: September 11, 2017